The Journalists Support Committee (JSC) recorded more than (12) documented cases of attacks on men and women journalists during their media coverage of demonstrations in Ramallah in the West Bank between Saturday and Sunday (26 and 27 June 2021), in addition to many cases of bans from Covering, smashing cameras and confiscating phones.... Following up the situation with great concern, JSC calls on journalists and activists to document and report violations committed against journalists, in order to build upon in the pursuit of the case.
Among the most prominent violations documented
1- On Saturday 26-6-2021:
• Journalist Shatha Hammad was hit in the face by a bomb
• Journalist Muhammad Ghafari, journalist Saja Alami, journalist Naglaa Zaitoun, journalist Fayhaa Khanfar and Ibrahim Al-Rantisi were injured as a result of a violent attack.
2- Sunday 27-6-2021:
• Assault on journalist Batoul Koussa by plain-clothed security forces
• Assaulting journalist Hadi Sabarneh and destroying his camera
• Assaulting journalist Ahmed Talaat and destroying his camera
• Assault on journalist Ihab al-Khasib and confiscation of his phone
• Attacking journalist Jihan Awad and denying her the right to coverage
• Smashing the camera of the AP photographer
Support Committee for Journalists - Switzerland
Sunday 27 June 2021: